By: Chef Michele Grillo
Seared Sea Scallops over arugula, baby spinach with a white wine garlic sauce
Scallops with White Wine Ingredients:
- 8-10 Sea Scallops with side-muscle removed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 clove garlic diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Scallops with White Wine Preparation:
1. Dry sea Scallops with paper towel and lightly season with sea salt.
2. Over medium-high heat in large medium size skillet or sauté pan melt 1 Tablespoon butter and sear the scallops on both sides, until golden and crust is on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
3. Remove and set aside.
4. In same skillet with the drippings, add 1 Tablespoon of butter and olive oil, add the diced garlic, and sweat for about 1 minute.
5. Add tarragon, if using.
6. Add the chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice to the skillet on medium-high.
7. Bring mixture to a boil then turn the heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.
8. Place the arugula and spinach in a bowl, top with scallops and spoon sauce over.
9. Top with fresh ground pepper and shaved parmesan or Romano cheese,